RULES AND APPLICABLE REGULATIONS
I. All regulations and policies as listed in the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District's "Policy Related to Use of School Facilities" are the ultimate authority and apply.
II. The Following rules and regulations are expressly applicable to the use of facilities for Building Rental programs and activities.
- School activities have priority over all other affairs, even if the school activities are scheduled subsequent to a rental event.
- The Building Rentals Office with the approval of the building principal will do scheduling of all rental activities.
- No person, group, or agency will use school facilities without first signing an Agreement For Use of a School District Facility.
- Facility Use Agreements are limited to the specific area designated. The facility agreement holder will ensure that the remainder of the building is not entered.
- Use of tobacco, possession or use of intoxicating liquor, or illegal drugs, are prohibited and are reasons for discontinuance of the facility use agreement. Also, fighting, betting, or other forms of gambling are not allowed.
- Any damage to the school building or equipment will be charged to the facility use agreement holder. Malicious damage will result in immediate dismissal of the person(s) and/or group for the balance of the school year.
- All equipment used by a facility use agreement holder must be furnished by the user group. Storage space will not be provided to user groups. Gym equipment such as volleyball standards, mats, etc., or other school equipment shall be used only when expressly authorized by the building Principal or the Building Rentals Office.
- The use of the ropes in the gymnasiums is strictly prohibited.
- General cleanup is the responsibility of the facility use agreement holder, not the custodial crew. Any problems or questions are to be directed to the Building Rentals Office.
- The Building Rentals Office or building principal has the authority to impose reasonable conditions in addition to those listed. They also have the authority to revoke a facility use agreement when violations warrant.
- A Facility Use Agreement may be cancelled if a facility is required for school use. A Facility Use Agreement may also be cancelled due to fires, labor disputes, or acts of God, such as epidemics, earthquakes, floods, or abnormal weather conditions.
- The School District will not be responsible for loss of personal property by individuals or groups when buildings are being used for activities under a Facilities Use Agreement.
- The facility use agreement holder will not discriminate because of race, religion, sex, handicap, marital status, change in marital status, national origin, color, age, pregnancy, or parenthood nor will the facility use agreement holder deny access to the activity based upon any of the above listed reasons.
- Organizations must notify Building Rentals not less than 3 working days, during regular scheduled office hours, of their plans to cancel a scheduled activity prior to the date of intended use.
- Organizations failing to use a scheduled facility will be invoiced for Building Rental Fees. Custodial/Monitor "show-up" time of 2 hours will also be invoiced when activities are scheduled for Saturdays, Sundays, or Holidays and notification of cancellation was not recieved as described in #14 above.
- Failure to pay invoices within 30 days of the invoice date will result in a late fee of $25.00 being added to the total due. Invoices not paid within 60 days will result in cancellation of Facilities Use Agreements for ongoing activities.